Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Introduction

After being back in New Orleans to start a business and finish my associate degree, I decided to make the uptown district a resting spot to finish my goals down in the Big Easy. Sweet, bitter smell of the city made me feel ease at the same time adventurous.

On a bright sunny day I felt like being adventurous so I went downtown to main library to investigate my family tree.

Well, I arrive at the Main Library on 219 Loyola Avenue on a Friday afternoon. As I enter the building I was looking around seeing the effects Katrina left on the library. I headed to the third floor to Genealogy department. The evaluator stop with a bounce announcing to me this is your stop.

I step off looking around for the first time being on the third floor. I walk toward the books but was greeted by eyes of curiosity. Why is she here?, What is she looking for on this floor? She looks to young to be interest in her family history or history general. Only if those eyes knew that I was history buff. By the way history, art and music was my best subjects in high school and English too.

By now I'm searching for any kind of books that could tell me more about the famous UPTOWN DISTRICT. Unfortunately, I didn't find any books located on the shelves.

So I went straight back to those puzzling eyes to ask where could I find more publications on the Uptown district. An colorless stiren male walk to the shelves behind the counter to come back with a book. And this when my journey started...

No comments:

Post a Comment